Colds always seem to come at you with everything they've got. When you need fast relief of your cold and cough symptoms so you can get back to your busy life, turn to the concentrated power of Alka-Seltzer Plus Maximum Strength Cold & Cough PowerMax® Gels.
Active Ingredients: In Each Capsule Acetaminophen (325 mg), Acetaminophen (325 mg), Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide (10 mg), Phenylephrine Hydrochloride (5 mg). Purpose: Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, Cough Suppressant, Nasal Decongestant.
Inactive Ingredients: D&C Red 33, FD&C Blue 1, Gelatin, Glycerin, Lecithin, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Polyethylene Glycol, Potassium Aluminum Silicate , Povidone, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water, Shellac, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbitol Sorbitan Solution, Titanium Dioxide.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose
- Adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 capsules with water every 4 hours. Do not exceed 10 capsules in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor.
- Children under 12 years: do not use
- Temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold or flu:
- Minor aches and pains
- Sore throat
- Nasal and sinus congestion
- Sinus pressure
- Runny nose
- Temporarily reduces fever
Do not use
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- In children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- Liver disease
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disease
- Cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- A breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- Difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- Taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- Taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- Do not exceed recommended dosage
- May cause marked drowsiness
- Avoid alcoholic drinks
- Alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- Be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- Excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- Fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- Redness or swelling is present
- New symptoms occur
- Cough comes back or occurs with a rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
The statements made regarding the products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
We do our best to provide accurate product and pricing information. However, pricing or typographical errors do occur. In the event that an item is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to an error in pricing or product information, we shall have the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any orders placed for that item. If an item is incorrectly priced, we will either contact you for instructions or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. Prices and availability are subject to change without notice.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING:
Some products on this website contain progesterone,a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. Consult with your physician before using this product.
Disclaimer: This website offers nationally branded products that are produced according to manufacturing standards set by regulators at everyday low prices. Do not use unproven,unbranded products,which can pose serious risks to your health.