Supplements that contain various minerals and vitamins alongside other ingredients are called Multivitamins. The nutrient composition of multivitamins varies by brand and product. They come in various forms like capsules, softgels, chewable gummies, liquids and powder. One might need a multivitamin if:
- Risk of nutritional deficiencies and cannot adapt it to the diet
- Multivitamin provides the required dosage to eliminate the deficiency risk
- A multivitamin is a better option than individually procuring micronutrients
Other reasons might include:
- Pregnancy: Taking multivitamins may reduce the risk for a number of birth defects
- Older People: Older people are more likely to be deficient in certain micronutrients like Vitamin B12, Calcium and Vitamin D
The best way to get the minerals and other nutrients essential for the body isn’t by shopping for them. It’s from food. A good, balanced diet filled with
- Low dairy
- Plenty of fluids
- Healthier oils
Ideally, one can get all the necessary nutrients from vegetables, fruits and other unprocessed foods. But as you age and enter your 50s, hormonal changes can make it difficult to gain these required vitamins and minerals. Adding supplements to the diet with the key nutrients should help you stay fit and healthy.
There are numerous benefits offered by multivitamins and below we will see the difference between a few of them and understand which one is right for you.
|Name||Centrum Men Under 50 Multivitamin/Multimineral Tablets 120 Tabs by Centrum||Centrum Womens Tablets 120 Tabs by Advil||Centrum Specialist silver 125 Tabs by Centrum||Centrum silver women 50+ 100 tabs by ADVIL|
|Price||$ 13.48||$ 14.99||$ 14.89||$ 14.99|